Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Book Review

SO during our skiing holiday I was locked in a room with only one book. It was Stephen Covey's The 7 habits of Highly Effective People. Once again I am probably the last person on the planet to have read this popular book.

"natural laws cannot be broken. It is impossible for us to break the law. We can only break outselves against the law.'"

How many times have I seen this with fitness and nutrition? People trying to coerce their body into doing something it is incapable of. So much better to work with you body's natural laws to coax it into doing what you want it to, to the best of it's ability. I also got two more of his books. After reading 'First things first', I keep asking myself, 'am I trading doing something good for doing something better?'

I find it depressing that these books expounding boyscout virtues had to be written at all. Don't people already know this stuff?

No comments: